Friday, August 1, 2008
Now these make a regular appearance at our house! So easy and suprisingly super yummy! I usually serve these with a side of fries or in this case Schwan's Quik tater rounds (tater tots). Do not skip the pickles on this one.... they make the sandwich!
Serves: 1 sammich per person, ingredients are for 1 portion
-Super sub bun (I like Aunt Millie's)
-3 slices deli turkey lunch meat
-3 slices deli ham lunch meat
-1 1/2 slices provolone
-3-4 dill pickle slices (I like Vlasic Pickle Ovals!)
1. Preheat a skillet to medium heat (whatever you would do grilled cheese on).
2. In a small bowl, mix about a tablespoon of mayo with about a tablespoon and a half of italian dressing. Open up a sub bun and slather the mixture on both sides. Add slices of meat, cheese, pickles, and mustard.
3. Close up bun and take a brush or paper towel and brush one side of the bun with olive oil.
4. Put sammich oil side down on the skillet. Brush the other side with oil. Take a heavy metal pan and put on top of the sammich and press down to flatten. Leave the pan there on top (like a grill press). Or buy one of these.
5. Cook for about 3-4 minutes each side. When you flip it, do the same thing with pressing the pan. It will flatten the sammich some and make it nice and crispy. Tada!