Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Grilled Apple Pie





Ok so this isn't really pie... but it is an easy dessert or side dish when you are grilling! I made this up while the other stuff was grilling and it was delicious.... just like apple pie filling, my fave.

Grilled Apple Pie
Serves: 4

1. Wash a large granny smith apple and cut into 8 slices. Then cut each slice into 3 pieces so you get nice bite sized hunks. Skin stays on!

2. In a small bowl, melt about 2 tablespoons of butter. In another small bowl, mix about 3 tablespoons of light brown sugar, 1 tablespoon white sugar, and a few dashes of nutmeg. Coat each hunk of apple in the butter then into the sugar mixture.

3. Place hunks of apple on skewers. Sprinkle with cinnamon (to taste... I like lots).
4. Grill on the upper rack of a 350 degree/ medium heat grill for about 6 minutes. Enjoy.

1 comment:

monica said...

Oh my goodness!! I will have to try this next time I'm making kebobs!