Tuesday, August 26, 2008
1. Get some water boiling on the stove and preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mince up about a stick to a stick and a half of pepperoni (about 4 ounces), a handful of onion, and a handful of red & green peppers. I didn't really measure (see picture).
3. When water is boiling, cook a +/- 19 ounce bag of frozen cheese tortellini according to the directions (about 3 minutes). Drain the pasta when done but.....
4. Put the same pot back on the hot burner and toss in the onion, peppers, pepperoni and add a clove or more of minced garlic. Cook for a couple minutes to soften up the veggies.
5. Still in the same pot, dump the pasta back in and pour in 3/4 of a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (We like Prego roasted red pepper & garlic). Then stir in a big handful of shredded mozzarella or italian cheese blend.
6. Dump the mixture into a 9x9 baking pan. Pour the remaining sauce over top and cover generously with more shredded cheese. Sprinkle some pinches of italian seasoning over top.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes. Don't forget to pop in your favorite garlic bread!
8. Make sure you let this cool for a couple minutes otherwise you will have a sloppy hot mess when you try and serve it. Or the lava hot sauce will burn your mouth!!!! =)