Sunday, December 21, 2008

Umm Asian crockpot?

Alright so I wasn't the biggest fan of this one I have to admit. But I will post it in case someone wants to take a crack at improving it. I guess it wasn't the exact flavor I was looking for. If I ever attempt it again I might try using a the jarred brown sauce gravy instead of the Hoisin sauce. Maybe. It just wasn't spicy enough for us. I don't really know what I didn't like about it.

Asian Mess
Serves: 2
1. Lightly spray your crockpot with Pam.
2. Throw in 2 medium sized frozen chicken breasts.
3. In a small bowl mix the following ingredients then dump over chicken:
--1/2 cup prepared Hoisin Sauce
--1/4 cup honey
--4-5 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
--1 inch of ginger, peeled and grated
--1 tablespoon sesame oil
--1/2 cup soy sauce

4. Cook over low until you get home from work. Then dump in a drained can of La Choy stir fry veggies and a can of drained can of water chesnuts. Cook over low until hot. Serve with rice and an egg roll.

No comments: