Tuesday, December 2, 2008

GBC!

(Sorry for the 'half eaten' picture...) I went to a Thanksgiving party and hosted my parents for the big turkey day itself. Both times I had to make my delicious new version of green bean casserole (GBC). It is hard to improve on such a classic comfort food, but I really like the minor additions. Hope you do too!


GBC

Serves: 6-8

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, mix together the following:
-2 cans french style green beans, drained
-1 (10.5 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
-8 oz. Velveeta, cubed
-About a 1/2 cup of milk
-1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
-1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
-salt and pepper

2. Transfer to a baking dish and bake for about 25 minutes. (I like to use a dish that has more surface area for the French's onions)

3. Remove from the oven and top with lots of French's french fried onions. Bake additional 5 minutes. Mmmmm.

No comments: