Thursday, July 10, 2008

Chicken-n-Stuff(ing)



Mmmmm... chicken-n-stuff. This is a household favorite! It is one of the few things I will eat leftover too. There are a lot of versions of this out there, but I think I have perfected this one to our liking. Hope you like it too.


Chicken-n-Stuff(ing)
Serves 3


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Take out an 8x8 or 9x9 pan. Place about a pound of chicken breast meat in the bottom. I use whatever I have around... tenders, thin sliced breasts, regular breasts. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly. I used regular breasts this time.

3. Cover chicken with about 4 slices of provolone cheese.

4. In a bowl, stir together 1 can of cream of chicken soup and about a 1/2 cup of milk. It shouldn't be thin and runny. Spoon over top of cheese covering everything.

5. In a bowl melt a stick of margarine, yes the whole stick. Then stir in 2 cups of Stouffers Stuffing Mix. Either the Savory Herb or the Traditional Sage variety are best. Sprinkle mixture over top of the soup.

6. Bake until chicken is fully cooked. For regular breasts, this is usually at least an hour. Caution: If you are cooking this dish for more than 45 minutes, please cover it with foil for the first 20 minutes or so.... or else your stuffing will burn and be too crunchy.


This meal goes excellent with Green Bean Casserole, which I will post next.

No comments: