Thursday, July 10, 2008

Chicken Crescents


dice . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . fold


bake. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . eat

This is a great recipe I got from my future mother-in-law. We have modified it a bit, but it is basically the same yummy deliciousness! I mean, with cream cheese in it.... it has to be good! Remember the Shelly Rule? I served these with corn on the cob and grapes. Yum!


Chicken Crescents
Serves 4

You will need:
Oil, cream cheese, chicken, onion, salt & pepper, garlic, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, milk, parsley, 8 count refrigerated crescent rolls.

1. In a fry pan, add a little oil and heat over medium. Take out a half a block (4 oz.) of cream cheese (reduced fat/fat free is fine) and put it in a medium bowl to soften.

2. Add 1 cup of diced onion (vidalia is my favorite) and about 2/3 pound chicken meat. I used tenders this time. Try not to move the chicken around much. Cook it for about 3-4 minutes on the first side and add salt and pepper. Then flip and repeat. When you flip, add a clove or two of minced garlic. I use the jar stuff because I am too lazy to mince/press it myself.

3. When chicken is done, remove from pan to a cutting board to cool slightly.

4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, or whatever it says on the crescent roll package.

5. Layout the crescent rolls on a baking sheet. (see picture)

6. Finely dice chicken mixture and add to the cream cheese in the bowl. Mix.

7. Spoon a large scoop of the mixture onto the fattest part of each crescent roll. Then fold up the short corners. Then fold up and wrap around the long corner. Don't worry if the chicken peeks out.

8. Pop in the oven per crescent roll directions (usually 11-13 minutes). They will probably be done in the shorter amount of time.

9. While baking, in a small saucepan over low heat combine the following:

  • 3/4 can of cream of chicken soup
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • Few splashes of milk
  • Palmful of dried parsley
10. When crescents are done, spoon some of the sour cream sauce onto a plate. Set 2 crescents on top of the sauce (it looks prettiest this way haha). Enjoy!

4 comments:

lindsay said...

yummmmmmmmm love this stuff!

Anonymous said...

hellllllo yumminess!

TizzyLish said...

you've been tagged...go to my blog for rules! <3

Anonymous said...

Yummy in my tummy good! I made them last night!!!