Monday, January 19, 2009

Semi Homemade Potato Chowder

Another good one from a blogger friend! Thanks Amy !! We had this with grilled cheese and some pickles. I am a big fan of Sandra Lee on the Food Network and her semi homemade food... but I never like the recipes, just the principle. So Amy I am putting this in that category. It is nice to have a recipe like this in your back pocket in case you need something simple and tasty.

Bacon, Cheese and Potato Chowder
Serves: 2 with lunch leftovers

3 cups fat-free milk (we used 2% because that's what I drink)
1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of potato soup
2 cups frozen Southern-style hash browns (shredded)
1 cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese (all I had was a chunk of mild cheddar and some shredded colby jack... so that's what we used)
8 slices Bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled (I am super lazy and used a 2.8oz bag of precooked and crumbled "for recipe" bacon... I would probably use less next time, maybe 2.0 oz)
*We added a few good grinds on the pepper mill

Mix milk and soup in large saucepan. Stir in hash browns. Bring to boil on high heat, stirring occasionally. Stir in the bacon and cheese. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 min., stirring frequently.

Garnish with parsley or green onions. Serve with fresh roll.

1 comment:

MCAC said...

I can't wait to move and start cooking again. You have posted enough awesome recipes to keep me full for awhile! lol.