1. Get your crock pot heating up on high.
2. Throw in the following:
1- 8oz bar of cream cheese, reduced/fat free works too
1 can of Hormel Hot no bean chili
1-16 oz. jar of your favorite salsa
1- 2 pound brick of Velveeta, cubed
3. Stirring occasionally, heat until melty and combined. Warning, this could take an hour.
4. Reduce heat to low and serve with tortilla chips (2 regular sized bags). Make sure you set out a paper plate for the spoon, this gets messy!
(formerly known as Matt's favorite)
Yield: 15 cookies
1. Set out a stick of unsalted butter to soften ahead of time. In a pinch you can microwave the stick very quickly (like 10 seconds) to soften it. But if you melt it, the consistency of the cookies will change.
2. Preheat the oven to 350.
3. In a large mixing bowl, with a hand/stand mixer cream together the following:
1 stick softened (1/2 cup) UNSALTED butter (not margarine)
1/4 cup granulated white sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons real vanilla extract (don't mess with that imitation crap)
4. In a small bowl, sift/mix together the following:
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/8 teaspoon salt (I prefer kosher for baking)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
5. Slowly beat the dry ingredients into the wet.
6. Stir in about 9 ounces (3/4 of a bag) chocolate chips. I like to mix half semi sweet and half milk chocolate. I think it really 'makes' the cookie.
7. Scoop dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Make sure there is about 2 inches between each ball.
8. Bake for approximately 9 minutes, depending on how you like your cookies. Matt prefers his cookies on the (super) soft side. Cookies are done when the edges are lightly browned and still appear moist in the middle.
9. Take pans out and let cookies cool on the pan for 2-3 minutes. Then remove the cookies to a cooling rack, countertop, wax paper, whatever to cool completely... or at least until they are cool enough to devour with a big glass of milk! Enjoy!