Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Chicken & Asparagus Risotto Skillet

This is a Pampered Chef recipe from Molly at http://myhappymeals.blogspot.com/ Matt liked this and even ate it leftover. I am not a huge asparagus fan so I thought this was just ok. I think I would like it more if I swapped the asparagus for broccoli, but I don't think Matt would be as happy! This was definitely an easy one.

Chicken & Asparagus Risotto Skillet
Serves: 3-6

4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts I used 1 pound of tenderloins
1/2 tsp. salt, divided
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. olive oil
1/3 cup onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, pressed
2 oz. fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
1 T lemon zest I omitted
2 cups milk
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1/2 lb. fresh asparagus cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces I used a half bunch, don't know if that was 1/2 pound
2 cups instant long-grain rice

Season chicken with 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in skillet and cook chicken 5-7 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm. Add milk, soup, asparagus, onion, garlic, cheese, lemon zest and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt to skillet. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes. Stir in rice; top with chicken. Cover pan; remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.

1 comment:

Mrs.CFH2 said...

Yaaaaaaaay! I haz a give inspiration!