Sunday, September 14, 2008

Cheater's Chicken



Ok to be honest, I read a lot of people's food blogs and roll my eyes. I wonder... do they seriously cook something that fancy every freaking night for dinner? If so, then call me jealous! This really doesn't count as a recipe, I just hope it helps out someone with a quick idea of something to whip up for dinner on a night where there just isn't the time for that fancy stuff.

Cheater's Chicken
Feeds: How much chicken do you have?

1. Throw a little oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
2. Toss in some chicken breasts, tenderloins, etc. (I used thinly sliced breasts).
3. Salt and pepper to taste. I added a bunch of cayenne pepper! Mmm, my fave.
4. In this case, I cooked the chicken for 3 minutes each side.
5. Open up your favorite rice mix, make it according to the directions in the same pan as the chicken. I like to use Zatarain's low sodium Jambalaya. But any of the rice-a-roni's or similar work just fine.
6. Serve it with whatever is left in your fridge, call it dinner.




1 comment:

Mrs.CFH2 said...

are you rolling your eyes at me?? wah.