- 1 stick softened (1/2 cup) UNSALTED butter (not margarine)
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons real vanilla extract (don't mess with that imitation crap)
4. In a small bowl, sift/mix together the following:
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/8 teaspoon salt (I prefer kosher for baking)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
5. Slowly beat the dry ingredients into the wet.
6. Stir in about 9 ounces (3/4 of a bag) chocolate chips. I like to mix half semi sweet and half milk chocolate. I think it really 'makes' the cookie.
7. Scoop dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Make sure there is about 2 inches between each ball.
8. Bake for approximately 9 minutes, depending on how you like your cookies. Matt prefers his cookies on the (super) soft side. Cookies are done when the edges are lightly browned and still appear moist in the middle.
9. Take pans out and let cookies cool on the pan for 2-3 minutes. Then remove the cookies to a cooling rack, countertop, wax paper, whatever to cool completely... or at least until they are cool enough to devour with a big glass of milk! Enjoy!