Mmm, Matt gave these 2 thumbs up! We had just gotten home from a long day and had no idea what was for dinner. There wasn't much in the fridge so this is what I came up with. The side dishes are nothing special, just mixed veggies and some pineapple.
1. Splash a little olive oil into a large pan on medium high heat and add:
- About a pound of fresh chicken (I used 9 chicken tenders)
- About 1.5 cups of diced onion
- Salt and pepper
Cook chicken for a couple minutes each side until no longer pink in the middle and the onions begin to caramelize.
2. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl:
- Lighly beat 2 eggs
- Mix in 1 cup italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
3. Once chicken and onions are done, remove to your cutting board to cool a bit. Then with a big ol' knife, finely dice the mixture and add to the egg/bread crumb mixture.
4. Stir the whole mess together. If it appears to be too dry and won't stick together, add another lightly beaten egg. If it is too wet, add a little bit more bread crumbs. Divide into 10 balls-o-chicken.
5. Back to the same pan over medium to medium-high heat, add a little more oil, but this time veggie oil. Maybe a tablespoon or two. If you flick a LITTLE bit of water into the pan and it sizzles, you know it is ready. Careful, it might splatter and burn you. Now place 5 chicken balls into the pan and press down a bit with a turner. Fry for about 3-4 minutes until browned. Then flip and repeat. Remove the patties to a plate and pat with a paper towel to remove excess oil. Repeat with the other 5 chicken balls, adding a smidge more oil if necessary.
6. Tada!!! Now enjoy with your favorite side dishes. There will probably be leftovers. I am willing to bet they would be great on top of a salad.