Tasty, easy little meal. Will probably do this again at some point. Served with some Mexican corn and a side salad.
Chicken Enchilada Puffs
Approx. 200 calories in 1 puff (if 8 ct.)
- 1 package jumbo crescent rolls (I used 8 ct. regular)
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 3/4 cup cooked chicken (diced or shredded) (I used a cup)
- 1/3 cup enchilada or taco sauce
- 2 teaspoons enchilada or taco seasoning mix (I used a couple pinches cumin)
- 1/4 cup Mexican shredded cheese for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375° and line cookie sheet with foil and spray with no-stick spray
- Place cream cheese and 1/2 cup Mexican cheese in small bowl and microwave for about 30-40 seconds, to soften.
- Add seasoning mix, sauce and chicken to cheese mixture and stir until combined.
- Unroll crescent rolls on prepared pan.
- Scoop 1 large heaping tablespoon of chicken mixture into the center of the two short ends of the crescent roll.
- Pull outer corners of the crescent roll over the chicken mixture, and then pull the long end over, completely enclosing filling.
- Sprinkle tops of puffs with additional shredded Mexican cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.