Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cheesy Chicken Skillet



I found this on Loves to eat's blog. It was really easy, I had all the ingredients on hand (which is huge for me... I love recipes like that), and it was yummy. We will definitely eat this again on a night when I have no clue what to make because chances are I will have all the ingredients!

Cheesy Chicken Skillet
Serves: 3-4

Ingredients:
2 cups of pasta (I used radiatore)
3/4 lbs chicken, cut into pieces (I used 2 breasts)
1 can Healthy Request cream of chicken soup (I used regular ol' Campbells)
1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes (I used Hunt's w/ Basil and Oregano and DRAINED them)
1 1/2 cup of milk (I used 1 cup)
1 tbsp dried basil
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella

Directions: Cook the pasta as directed. Heat 10 inch skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken & cook thoroughly. Reduce heat to medium; stir in soup, tomatoes, milk and seasonings. Stir in cooked pasta. Cook about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally until bubbly & heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Reduce heat, cover & let stand about 5 minutes.

No comments: