Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Apple Pancakes






Ummmmmm.... yum. That is pretty much all I need to say. Oh, and I am really irritated that blogspot randomly rotates my pictures and I can't get them back right.

Apple Pancakes
Serves: 1-2


1. Heat up your griddle to 4 out of 10 if you have an electric stove like me. You know when it is ready when a drop of water dances on the pan.


2. Take a medium/large apple and peel, core, and slice it. I used Pacific Rose because that's what I had on hand. Any apple suitable for cooking will work. You will need 4 slices, but don't make them mega thick.

3. Mix the following: 1 cup pancake mix (I like Krusteaz), 3/4 water, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 tablespoon white sugar, and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract. If it is too thin, add more pancake mix a tablespoon at a time until you like the thickness.

4. Place 2 slices of apple on the pan for about 15 seconds and flip over. Pour 1/4 of the pancake mix over each slice. You know it is time to flip the pancakes when there are tons of popping bubbles and the edges start to dry out. Flip over and cook for another 2 minutes or so. Repeat with 2 more slices.

5. Serve with syrup or whatever else you like. Makes 4 large pancakes.

No comments: