I thought the flavors of this were pretty good, but I wasn't a huge fan of the shrimp. Matt preferred the shrimp part over everything.
Shrimp, Black Bean, and Grilled Corn Pizza
Serves: about 4
Calories: About 2500 per pizza
1 lb pizza dough (I used a premade tube of thin crust dough from Pillsbury)
1/2 lb small shrimp, peeled and deveined (I thawed out frozen precooked)
Juice of 1/2 lime
1 tsp ancho chile powder (I used regular chili powder)
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/3 cup canned black beans, drained
1 ear of corn, grilled, and kernels removed
4 oz Manchego, grated (I used some cotija cheese and a little cheddar)
4 oz Monterrey Jack, grated
Small handful cilantro, chopped (yuck... but I threw on some parsley)
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Toss shrimp with lime juice and add chile powder, cumin, coriander, a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high and add garlic, cooking for about a minute.
- Add shrimp and cook 3-5 minutes, until pink and mostly opaque.
- Shape ball of pizza dough into a 12-14" round.
- Sprinkle cheese over the crust, leaving the edges bare.
- Toss beans, red bell pepper, and corn together and then sprinkle evenly over the pizza.
- Bake 5-7 minutes, until pizza is bubbly and the edges begin to brown.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with cilantro, and let sit 5 minutes before slicing and serving.